Summertime Pantry Challenge
I am joining Good Cheap Eats on a fun adventure to challenge myself to accomplish some much-needed goals around the kitchen for the summertime. The main goal is to try and come up with meal plans and ideas to use what I have on hand. It is also to bring in seasonal veggies and fruits with our meals, and keep our grocery budgets low.
Here are some of the points I hope to cover during this challenge:
- Clean out fridge and freezer-throw out any outdated items, make room for more meals
- Arrange Deep freezer for easier access so that I am not “scared” to dig around in it
- Streamline my kitchen for easy use so that my time in the kitchen isn’t more than what it has to be
- Experiment with more freezer cooking and making meals ahead
- Visiting farmer’s markets to see what prices are compared to stores, and use them in meal plans
- Use our own garden veggies for some meals
- Take advantage of summer sales, and see how I can stock up for wintertime
Please join me and Good Cheap Eats, as we encourage each other along the way!